Frequently Asked Questions
How much is membership?
- Membership is $40.00 from September 1 to August 31.
Is there parking?
- Yes, ample free parking.
What are the OC Transpo bus routes?
Is the Centre accessible?
- Yes, we are located at the Pat Clark Community Centre at 4355 Halmont Drive which is a completely accessible building.
Can you try a class before you commit?
- Yes. Please stop by or call us and we will make arrangements necessary to try a class (space allowing).
Do you have a cafeteria?
There is a fully equipped kitchen and food services include daily (Monday–Friday) lunches with soup and sandwiches, with a special full course meal on Thursdays.
Is this a City of Ottawa Service?
- We receive funding and rent our space from the City of Ottawa, however, we are a “Stand Alone” Elderly Persons Centre (EPC). Our funding is municipal, provincial and federal. We rely heavily on the support of our members and community business partners and friends for the operational funds required to continue offering our programs and services.
Can you provide tax receipts for donations received?
- Yes, we are a Registered Charity, number 11894 0535 RR0001.
Do you have WiFi?
- Yes, we have free wi-fi for all members.
Do you have volunteer opportunities?
- Yes, we have many volunteer opportunities. Please drop by or call us and we will be pleased to answer any questions you may have.
Do you offer Foot Care?
- Yes, foot care is offered at the centre bi-weekly by Soul Centered Foot Care Clinic. Please call the Centre to book your appointment.
Do you offer fitness classes?
- Yes, we offer fitness classes. Many of our fitness classes are recognized by Heart Wise. See the Bulletin/Calendar on the Front page of the Website for a complete listing and description of courses and activities.